Numbers 0-31 and Alphabet for Beekeeper's Quilt





 Copyright © by Susan Mrenna 2007 Knit A Little 

You need to purchase the Beekeeper's Quilt pattern https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-beekeepers-quilt separately for this pattern to make sense. You may have to adjust the graphs to the size of your hexipuffs. These graphs are a starting point.

Numbers 0-31 and Alphabet for Beekeeper's Quilt

The instructions are a bit rough, but you can use the letters and numbers on many projects, not just hexipuffs.

On some of the numbers and letters the first stitch in the row is a pattern stitch on the decrease rows. Just do a purl 2 together and you will be fine. I have not knit all these and probably won't. If you use the graphs, I would love to see pictures. Graphs will show up best on a solid color background. I am knitting my hexis as flatties, no stuffing. I am going to use them to document special dates in the recipient's life, with the date in the 6 petals of a flower and the center section either depicting something relevant to the date or plain. I would put the month and the date of the month on 2 petals and then the numbers of the year on the other 4 petals. I am also going to put my name, the name of the recipient and the year around the border. You could also use them as an Advent Calendar. Put the number on one side and embroider the other side with a picture, or bind off the top so it stays open and put a little something in the pocket. I would love to see what you can come up with :) I have included a blank grid and hope you can share what you create with it.

Bind off and weave in ends.

Popular posts from this blog

Bubbles, Bubbles with Fins and Bubbles in French

Zinnia

I Love Dad